Saturday, November 30, 2013

Class #4

The last day our class met, our group decided to hammer out a lot of problems. Our last class meeting was our first play-testing session in class! It was really exciting to see all of our ideas fall into place. It was also a relief to see what things were inappropriate for our game. Our problems ranged from the mechanism of moving from each location to how does each player receive a disguise. Our group did our best to whittle out each problem.

We decided to have an auction after each round. However, after each auction there will always be a new person to start. Whoever started the round before the auction will be the last person for the new round and the person to the left of them will be the starter for the next round. Our group also decided that at the beginning of each game everyone will start off with a disguise. If each player wishes to get another disguise, they must wait until their turn comes around to buy another disguise. We thought of creating a maximum number of disguises to keep, such as a maximum of 3 disguises. If anyone reaches higher than 3 disguises one must exchange their lowest disguise for the new one they recently purchased to maintain the 3 disguise maximum. We decided each additional disguise would be priced at $100. Everyone must enter the auction and must have one disguise at all times because of this reason.

Thanks to the input of Dr. Parks, we decided to have more interaction between players during play. We accomplished this by making only 2 or 3 paintings available for stealing at one time. This gave a player an opportunity to case one painting, but someone else could steal their cased painting. This would create frustration and more interactive game play. This lead us to the conclusion that our board must be larger in order to fit a certain amount of  paintings on the board. We wish to fit the number of museums for each continent represented by one painting at a time for each museum.

There were some other minor details that needed to be included for the next time we play-test our game. Some of the minor details included playing with money, pawns for each player, ticket stubs, casing pawns, combining character cards with assignments, and a $500 bonus for completing a ticket.

Overall, I would say our group has great way of collaborating and working together. We may not always agree with each other but we find a way to work with our problems. One idea that does not work may eventually spark or lead to another idea that leads us to a successful concept to implement in our game.

No comments:

Post a Comment